A slug is nothing more than a few words, which you choose, to describe a post, page, category, or tag within WordPress. These words then appear as part of the URL (or Permalink) directing visitors to that content.
Shortcodes simplify the addition of features to a WordPress site.
Galleries, videos, pictures, grids, tiles and various other functionality would require a lot of code editing.
By using shortcodes the HTML and other markup is added dynamically directly into the post or page where the user wants them to appear.
How to build a Shortcode
To create or modify a shortcode, we have made an easy way to do it with the [Grid WUD] button.
This button can create, grab and modifying any shortcode, so you don’t have to remember any shortcode and his definitions again.
CREATE A SHORTCODE
Click the button [Grid WUD] and select:
– Grab the selected Shortcode (Select first a shortcode and choose this item to collect all the shortcode data).
– Post Category (WordPress post category).
– Post Tag (WordPress post tag).
– Page Category WUD (see Category to Pages WUD plugin).
– Page Tag WUD (see Category to Pages WUD plugin).
– Woocommerce Category (Woocommerce products per category).
– Woocommerce Tag (Woocommerce products per tag).
– Woocommerce All (All the Woocommerce products).
– Select a post/page category or tag
– Select any option (this overwrites the values from the settings page).
– Click the [OK] button to create the shortcode.
[Manual] To read our online manual.
The options, overrules the settings from Grid-WUD settings page.
- Popup, Content or Slider:
Post or Page (Show the content)
LightBox Popup (A popup with the content apears, with read more button)
Banner Slider (The grids/tiles will be showed inside a banner/ slider)
- Height % Banner/Slider
Set the % height of the banner/slider.
- Custom Title
Enter your custom title here
- Button action (Read more button down the grids)
Show Grids (Show more grids/tiles)
Hide (The read more button is hidden)
Show Archive (Show the archive page from these tiles/grids)
- Grids to show
Enter the quantity grids/tiles to show
- Shape (How the grids/tiles needs to be displayed)
Grids (No spaces between the grids)
Tiles (With spaces between the grids)
Tiles with shadow (With spaces between the grids and a shadow border)
- Skip post(s)
Enter the quantity post to skip
- Sticky only
Show All Post
Show Sticky Only
- Sort Order
Date ASC or DESC
Name ASC or DESC
Post ID ASC or DESC
- Background (Change the background with colors defined in the Grid-WUD settings page)
BG 1 untill BG 5 with title
BG 1 untill BG 5 without title
- Images color/gray
Force gray images
Force colorized images
- Excerpt Background
Light Excerpt Background
Dark Excerpt Background
From now on you can display the grid/tiles 😉
Extra Buttons About …
If Category to Pages WUD was selected:
[Category to Page WUD] To read more info about our plugin.
If WooCommerce was selected:
[WooCommerce Tiles ] To read more info about WooCommerce.
MODIFY THE EXISTING SHORTCODE
Select an existing shortcode (1) and click then on the button: .Grab the selected Shortcode (2)
It will grab the existing code, which you can justify if needed.