In user interface design for computer applications, a modal/popup window is a graphical control element subordinate to an application’s main window. It creates a mode that disables the main window, but keeps it visible with the modal/popup window as a child window in front of it.
This is what PopUp WUD does by WordPress, showing a PopUp window on top of the post/page you just have visited.
It’s one of the most effective ways of increasing sign up rates to your email newsletter, to display a pop up message to visitors.
These can be displayed immediately, or after a specified period of time, such as a certain number of page views or a certain number of seconds.
After installing PopUp WUD you will see in the menu PopUp WUD [ ].
You can create, edit or delete existing Pop Ups.
(1) Title from your PopUp.
(2) PopUp is activated or de-activated.
(3) Frequency when the PopUp needs to appear.
(4) Expire date (if given).
(5) Where the PopUp needs to be activated.
(6) Close button position
(7) Print button (on/off).
(8) The maximum width of the PopUp
(9) Published PopUp date
The PopUp editor is the same as it is for post and pages.
The text/images/ short code/ … entered here, will be the content of your PopUp.
PopUp WUD Options
– Button to test the PopUp directly.
– Disable PopUp (will also disable configuring the PopUp).
– If disabled, the PopUp will not appears on the front-end.
– Frequency when the PopUp needs to appear.
– Expires after some date or never.
– Display on: where the PopUp needs to be displayed.
If Short Code only: copy the shortcode and paste it on the post/page where you want that the PopUp is active.
– Short Code (appears only when display on is set to short code only).
– Open Animation: Select here an animation to open the PopUp.
– Close Animation: Select here an animation to close the PopUp.
– Location: where the PopUp needs to appear.
– Maximum width from the PopUp.
– Color: font color from the content
– Background: background color from the content window.
By changing the width, background and/or font color you will see directly the results in the editor.
If there is a custom color in your text (see yellow text), it will not change with the color picker.
– Enabled: enable or disable the PopUp Title.
– Font size of the PopUp Title
– Color: font color from the PopUp Title
– Location: where the PopUp close button needs to appear.
– Font size of the PopUp close button.
– Color: font color from the PopUp close button.
– Background: background color from the PopUp close button .
– Enabled: enable or disable the PopUp print button.
– Font size of the PopUp print button.
– Color: font color from the PopUp print button.
– Background: background color from the PopUp print button.
Please notice the different between the PopUp WUD result window (7) & editor window (8).
The result window (7) is the PopUp which will appear in the front-end.
If you have setup the PopUp it will appears on the content which you have specified in the settings page.
If the PopUp shortcode is used, it will be visible on the post/page where the shortcode is entered.
ENJOY our FREE plugins!